Organic glamour and opulent accents combine to ensure a distinctive and elegant flair. Tradition and eccentricity are tastefully united in an atmosphere that knows no equal. Jamala Madikwe reflects a classic sense of style that is sufficiently robust to match the savage beauty that lies beyond. JAMALA is the Swahili word for "natural elegance". Elegant (adj.) - is defined as "graceful and stylish, pleasantly ingenious and simple". SAFARI is another Swahili word that means "journey" or "to travel", but has come to mean so very much more. Imbued with a sense of the exotic, more typically a sense of Africa, the word safari has today become symbolic of something far more romantic, it evokes images of adventure and stylish indulgence only in Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge.
- A Day on Safari
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability
|Details||1 Jan 2019 to 30 Apr 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R11 440|
|Exclusive Use||R114 385|
|Details||1 May 2019 to 31 Jul 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R10 465|
|Exclusive Use||R104 640|
|Details||1 Aug 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R11 440|
|Exclusive Use||R114 385|
Jamala Madikwe is a luxury boutique safari lodge in South Africa’s Madikwe Game Reserve. Organic glamor and opulent accents combine to ensure a distinctive and elegant flair. Tradition and eccentricity are tastefully united in an atmosphere that knows no equal. Your African safari will provide a detailed insight into the diverse landscape of Madikwe Game Reserve and its unparalleled game viewing. Indulge in award winning cuisine under African skies or treat yourself to a tranquil spa day in the Jamala Madikwe Royal Spa.
Jamala Madikwe reflects a classic sense of style that is sufficiently robust to match the savage beauty that lies beyond. Jamala Madikwe is easily accessible by air and road and is located in Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province of Southern Africa.
MAIN LODGE FACILITIES
- Lounge and library with fireplace
- Gourmet dining experiences: Boma and Star deck
- Complimentary WiFi access
- “Sofa Safari” overlooking our private waterhole
- Curio Shop
- Jamala Madikwe watchtower overlooking the Savannah plains and waterhole
- Open air bar
- Large Lap pool
Jamala Madikwe gently embraces the lay of the land with just five freestanding luxurious villas. Each slice of paradise is fully air-conditioned and offers superlative luxury and intimate privacy combined with extravagant outdoor facilities which include individual rim-flow pools and salas, expansive wooden decks and private outdoor showers. The Jamala Madikwe villas exude colonial charm perfectly suited to a luxury safari experience.
- Views of our waterhole and open savannah
- Lounge with fireplace
- Dining area
- Walk-in dressing room
- Complimentary minibar and coffee/tea facilities
- Air conditioned
- Private rim flow pool and sala
- Outdoor shower
|Panoramic views, exotic sounds and wild perfumes of the bush are hallmarks of the Jamala Madikwe Experience. From its genteel position beneath a canopy of age-old Leadwood trees, the deck-fringed lodge gives way to views of open savanna lands and a watering hole that plays host to Africa's wildlife.|
|Designs from award winning chef Nico, titillate the senses with an array of sensual delights. Dine alfresco beneath Africa's ink-rich skies - cut with the brilliance of a million stars. Food aficionados can indulge in modern gastronomic treats served with the chic colonial charm and grace that is unique to Jamala Madikwe.|
|► Game Drives|
|Madikwe is an ancient land where nature play out her age-old theatre of life and death between hunter and hunted. Well positioned within the reserve's treasure trove of animals, Jamala Madikwe reverberates with the call of birds and impish Vervet monkeys.|
|The malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve is a 75 000 ha region of untamed beauty. A natural splendour located in South Africa’s North West province.This wild terrain boasts a tapestry of awe-inspiring landscapes that encompass vast open plains, dense bushveld and towering rocky peaks. All of which offers sanctuary to a kaleidoscope of creatures, including the ‘super seven’.|
|► Air Transfers|
|Scheduled flights to and from Madikwe Game Reserve are available, twice per day. These flights are operated by national carrier Federal Air. Departures from OR Tambo International Airport are scheduled for 10h00 and 13h00 respectively. Flight duration is approximately 1 hour. Flights from Madikwe Game Reserve depart at 11h30 and 14h30 respectively. Flight schedules are subject to change.|
|► Helicopter and Private Charter|
|Guests preferring helicopter or privately chartered flights are welcome to make reservations by way of the Jamala Madikwe personnel.|
|► Road Transfers|
|Several transfer companies provide chauffeur operated vehicles into and from Madikwe Game Reserve and the travel duration is approximately 3½ hours. Jamala Madikwe personnel can make reservations for either of these options on your behalf.|
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- All meals as prepared by our award winning Chef
- All local drinks which includes a personal selection of house wines, teas, coffees and soft drinks
- Early morning and evening game drives
- All transfers to & from the lodge to the landing strip
- Gate Entry -
- Flight Entry
- Subject to change & NWPTB terms and conditions
- Spa Treatments
- All imported Champagnes
- Children under 16 by special arrangement
- Under 16 requires the use of a private vehicle – subject to availability and to be confirmed on enquiry, additional charges apply
- Exclusive use, no arrangements required
- Cancellations must be in writing and will be accepted from date of receipt.
- 90 Days or longer, prior to arrival date - 10% of reserved fee is applicable
- 90 to 61 days prior to arrival date - 25% of reserved fee is applicable
- 60 to 15 days prior to arrival –50% of reserved fee is applicable
- 14 days and less - 100% of reserved fee is applicable
- Flights booked via FEDAIR is subject to their cancellation policy.
Deposit / Payment Policy:
- As per industry standards, a deposit is applicable to secure a booking.
- Full prepayment or balance payments: 30 days prior to arrival.
- If booking is 30 days or less - full prepayment is required to confirm.
- Payments must be received timeously
Jamala Madikwe is beautifully positioned within the Madikwe Game Reserve. Located in the North West Province, the reserve is home to the greatest diversity of wildlife in the southern region:
- Fourth largest reserve in South Africa at 75,000 hectares
- Full traverse rights over the 75,000 hectares
- MALARIA FREE so NO medication required
- Home to the BIG FIVE
- Renowned for it’s successful WILD DOG programme and sightings
- Includes both Black and White Rhino, Brown and Spotted Hyena, Cheetah and a plethora of other wildlife
- Extremely Low Impact Ratio: 1 bed to every 150 hectares
- Just 3 hours by road from Lanseria Airport to the reserve
- Daily flights into the reserve is operated by Federal Air
- Options for private charter flights by way of aircraft or helicopter
- Several transfer companies provide services to and from Madikwe
October – April (RAINY SEASON)
Day Temperatures can vary but are usually hot and humid averaging 30°C, The highest rainfall months are between November and February.
May to September (DRY SEASON)
The winter months in Madikwe can be dry and cold with night temperatures dropping to 2°C and Day temperatures averaging 23°C. Be sure to bring warm clothing.
Guests: 10 maximum - (2 Guests sharing per Villa)
Exclusive Use: Applies to the use of all 5 Villas / or 8 guests or more
Child Policy: No children under 16 years of age without prior arrangements
Private vehicle required for bookings with children under 16. Subject to availability and additional charges apply for private vehicle usage
Exclusive Use Child Policy: Exclusive use, the child policy falls away
Rates Policy: Date range validity as indicated. Rates are subject to change Check in / out and departure time: Check in 14h00 / Check out and departure 11h00
Early arrivals and late departures by arrangement only
Arrival / Departure times: Check in time 14h00 and Check out/ departure time 11h00.
Early check in and late check out subject to availability and charges may apply. We recommend that adequate travel insurance be arranged for the duration of your holiday.
- A valid passport or travel document that will be valid for the length of your intended stay. Your passport should have at least TWO blank facing pages in it.
- A valid visa, if required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates – if your journey starts or passes through the yellow fever belt of Africa.
- A good pair of binoculars
- A camera or video camera
- Hats, sunglasses and sunblock
- Appropriate clothes for weather conditions
- A torch or headlamp
- Safari guides or bird books are always handy
- International converter plug for electronics
Levies are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notice. They will be charged by the respective lodge to the guest's overall bill and paid at check-out.
SAFARI AND DAILY GAME DRIVES
Enjoy daily game drives in pristine malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve. Madikwe Game Reserve is an ancient land where nature plays out her age-old theatre of life and death between hunter and hunted. Well positioned within the reserve’s treasure trove of animals, Jamala Madikwe reverberates with the call of birds and impish Vervet monkeys. The lodge offers incredible safari experiences including sighting of the big 5 and super 7. The ‘Big 5’ phrase referred to the five most dangerous animals in Africa to hunt. The term is still used today but without the hunting connotation. The “Super 7” phrase also includes the highly endangered Wild dog and Cheetah.
Madikwe Game Reserve is know as one of the best conservation areas in all of Africa, at Jamala Madikwe you will get to experience this diverse and rich ecosystem with over 130 mammal and 300 bird species not to mention the vast landscapes of plant life that keeps the whole reserve alive and healthy for all its inhabitants.
Twice-daily game drives at dawn and dusk form the daily routine of your Safari day. You will witness sunrise and sunset under incredible African skies whilst enjoying the daily animal sightings. A typical game drive lasts approximately three to four hours and all game drives are included in our rates.
- Morning and evening game drives
- Big 5 game viewing
- 130 mammal and 300 bird species
We have three exceptional game rangers at Jamala Madikwe, they hold FGASA qualifications, advanced rifle-handling as well as first aid training. These qualifications ensure guests an exceptional and informative game experience. Our greatest priority is guest safety. All guides receive ongoing training and evaluations monthly within Madikwe Game Reserve to ensure this.
We ensure two safari vehicles daily with a maximum number of six guests to a vehicle depending on the size of the party. Private vehicles are subject to availability at an additional cost. Please contact us directly for availability and pricing
The term “Sofa Safari” does go hand-in-hand with the Jamala experience. There are very few places in Africa where you can sit and watch wild elephants play at a waterhole 20 meters in front of you. The Sofa Safari will evoke incredible emotion for any traveler young or old.
A unique experience to Jamala Madikwe the pool safari. Refresh, relax and revitalize at our large swimming pool situated at the edge of the Jamala waterhole under an ancient Leadwood tree. The vantage point will offer incredible wild life sightings while you bathe in the glorious African sun. The pool deck also offers a wide range of drinks available from the open-air bar.
AWARD WINNING CUISINE AND COOKBOOKS
Dine alfresco beneath Africa’s ink-rich skies, cut with the brilliance of a million stars. Food aficionados can indulge in modern gastronomic treats served with the chic colonial charm and grace that is unique to Jamala Madikwe.
Designs from our award winning chef Nico Verster titillate the senses with an array of sensual delights. Jamala Madikwe has been awarded numerous awards for its outstanding cuisine. Look out for the Jamala Madikwe Cookbooks, Savannah to Sea and Safaris and Spices by Nico Verster.
Breakfast is served daily at the main lodge after morning game drive and usually finishes around 11 am; no buffets here strictly beautifully plated food. Enjoy a relaxed high tea with numerous sweet and savory treats in the afternoon just before the evening safari. Upon return to the lodge indulge in an intimate table for two in one of our numerous beautiful locations.
- Outdoor Boma dining area
- Romantic watchtower dinner
- Star lit pool deck dinner overlooking the Jamala Madikwe waterhole
- Award winning cuisine
- Degustation menus with wine pairings
Indulge in a classic gin and tonic experience whilst enjoying waterhole views at Jamala. We have hand selected some of South Africa’s best Gins for you to enjoy whilst you watch crimson skies across the Savannah plains.
An extraordinary way to experience an afternoon at Jamala is to sit aloft the watchtower whilst observing spectacular scenes of mother nature’s bounty unfold. Numerous seating areas on top of the tower give you uninterrupted views across the Dwarsberg mountain range. The watchtower is the ideal place for an afternoon nap, sipping on champagne or enjoying a romantic private dinner.
WELLNESS FACILITIES ROYAL SPA AND GYM
The Jamala Madikwe spa is a tranquil space where you can reconnect mind, body and soul to nature. A calming and relaxing area where the daily worries can be forgotten. Our bespoke spa menu features signature treatments unique to Jamala to create an immersive experience, which is entirely African.
The Jamala Spa is proud of our South African heritage the Charlotte Rhys Spa product range includes Baobab Oil and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil as well as Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract. These products are Eco-Friendly and approved by Beauty Without Cruelty. The LaMelle skin care range contains ingredients that moisturize, protect, soothe, and reduce free radicals and pigmentation, it’s topical growth factors also increase new collagen development. The Spa is open daily between 8am and 5pm.
The Jamala Gym is complimentary for all our guests. Equipment includes treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, free weights, and TRX training.
- Full body detox, detox body polish and detox massage
- Full body relaxation, relaxing full body and head massage including aromatherapy, swedish, deep tissue and hot stone massage
- Manicure / Pedicure / Facials / Waxing
- Jamala masculine experience, for him
- Jamala experiences, including hot stone massage and mineral clay
- Jamala experience, with detox sea salt scrub and deep tissue massage
Every vantage point around Jamala offers a chance to capture that dream Safari image. Numerous areas around the lodge will give you access to the private waterhole where a plethora of animals congregate. Photographers will enjoy uninterrupted scenery and endless opportunity to capture Africa’s most impressive species interacting in their natural environment.
We offer hand crafted and bespoke items in the Jamala Madikwe curio boutique. If you need a small bronze or a bespoke piece of jewelry for that special loved one we can assist. We keep numerous African Artifacts and other worldly items perfect for any special occasion or that last minute gift from Africa.