Organic glamour and opulent accents combine to ensure a distinctive and elegant flair. Tradition and eccentricity are tastefully united in an atmosphere that knows no equal. Jamala Madikwe reflects a classic sense of style that is sufficiently robust to match the savage beauty that lies beyond. JAMALA is the Swahili word for "natural elegance". Elegant (adj.) - is defined as "graceful and stylish, pleasantly ingenious and simple". SAFARI is another Swahili word that means "journey" or "to travel", but has come to mean so very much more. Imbued with a sense of the exotic, more typically a sense of Africa, the word safari has today become symbolic of something far more romantic, it evokes images of adventure and stylish indulgence only in Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability
|Details||1 May 2018 to 31 Aug 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R9 440|
|Exclusive Use||R94 450|
|Details||1 Sep 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R10 310|
|Exclusive Use||R103 095|
Winter May, June, August 2018 Special
3 Nights at Jamala Madikwe
50 % reduction on the 3rd night
4 Nights at Jamala Madikwe
75 % reduction on the 4rd night
Subject to availability. One promotion per visit. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
|Organic glamour and opulent accents combine to ensure a distinctive and elegant flair. Tradition and eccentricity are tastefully united in an atmosphere that knows no equal. Jamala Madikwe reflects a classic sense of style that is sufficiently robust to match the savage beauty that lies beyond.|
|Jamala Madikwe gently embraces the lay of the land with five freestanding villas. Each slice of paradise offers superlative luxury and intimate privacy combined with extravagant outdoor facilities which include individual rim-flow pools and salas, expansive wooden decks and private outdoor shower.|
|Carefully considered design ensures that each private villa enjoys expansive views of open savannas and the watering hole. Spatial elegance is to be found throughout each private sanctuary where gracious bathrooms, a separate lounge and bedroom are all luxuriantly appointed. Indulge yourselves by enjoying a romantic dinner for two within or on your own deck of endless views.|
|Panoramic views, exotic sounds and wild perfumes of the bush are hallmarks of the Jamala Madikwe Experience. From its genteel position beneath a canopy of age-old Leadwood trees, the deck-fringed lodge gives way to views of open savanna lands and a watering hole that plays host to Africa's wildlife.|
|Designs from award winning chef Nico, titillate the senses with an array of sensual delights. Dine alfresco beneath Africa's ink-rich skies - cut with the brilliance of a million stars. Food aficionados can indulge in modern gastronomic treats served with the chic colonial charm and grace that is unique to Jamala Madikwe.|
|► Game Drives|
|Madikwe is an ancient land where nature play out her age-old theatre of life and death between hunter and hunted. Well positioned within the reserve's treasure trove of animals, Jamala Madikwe reverberates with the call of birds and impish Vervet monkeys.|
|The malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve is a 75 000 ha region of untamed beauty. A natural splendour located in South Africa’s North West province.This wild terrain boasts a tapestry of awe-inspiring landscapes that encompass vast open plains, dense bushveld and towering rocky peaks. All of which offers sanctuary to a kaleidoscope of creatures, including the ‘super seven’.|
|► Air Transfers|
|Scheduled flights to and from Madikwe Game Reserve are available, twice per day. These flights are operated by national carrier Federal Air. Departures from OR Tambo International Airport are scheduled for 10h00 and 13h00 respectively. Flight duration is approximately 1 hour. Flights from Madikwe Game Reserve depart at 11h30 and 14h30 respectively. Flight schedules are subject to change.|
|► Helicopter and Private Charter|
|Guests preferring helicopter or privately chartered flights are welcome to make reservations by way of the Jamala Madikwe personnel.|
|► Road Transfers|
|Several transfer companies provide chauffeur operated vehicles into and from Madikwe Game Reserve and the travel duration is approximately 3½ hours. Jamala Madikwe personnel can make reservations for either of these options on your behalf.|
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- All meals as prepared by our award winning Chef
- All local drinks which includes a personal selection of house wines, teas, coffees and soft drinks
- Early morning and evening game drives
- All transfers to & from the lodge to the landing strip
- Gate Entry -
- Flight Entry
- Subject to change & NWPTB terms and conditions
- Spa Treatments
- All imported Champagnes
- Cancellations must be in writing and will be accepted from date of receipt.
- 90 Days or longer, prior to arrival date - 10% of reserved fee is applicable
- 90 to 61 days prior to arrival date - 25% of reserved fee is applicable
- 60 to 15 days prior to arrival –50% of reserved fee is applicable
- 14 days and less - 100% of reserved fee is applicable
- Flights booked via FEDAIR is subject to their cancellation policy.
Deposit / Payment Policy:
- As per industry standards, a deposit is applicable to secure a booking.
- Full prepayment or balance payments: 30 days prior to arrival.
- If booking is 30 days or less - full prepayment is required to confirm.
- Payments must be received timeously
Jamala Madikwe is beautifully positioned within the Madikwe Game Reserve. Located in the North West Province, the reserve is home to the greatest diversity of wildlife in the southern region:
- Fourth largest reserve in South Africa at 75,000 hectares
- Full traverse rights over the 75,000 hectares
- MALARIA FREE
- Home to the BIG FIVE
- Renowned for it’s successful WILD DOG programme and sightings
- Includes both Black and White Rhino, Brown and Spotted Hyena, Cheetah and a plethora of other wildlife
- Extremely Low Impact Ratio: 1 bed to every 150 hectares
- Just 3 hours by road from Lanseria Airport to the reserve
- Daily flights into the reserve is operated by Federal Air
- Options for private charter flights by way of aircraft or helicopter
- Several transfer companies provide services to and from Madikwe
- Summers are warm with late afternoon rains – November to May
- Winters are dry and fair during the day. Temperatures plummet between sunset and sunrise – June to October.
Guests: 10 maximum - (2 Guests sharing per Villa)
Exclusive Use: Applies to the use of all 5 Villas / or 8 guests or more
Child Policy: No children under 16 years of age without prior arrangements
Private vehicle required for bookings with children under 16. Subject to availability and additional charges apply for private vehicle usage
Exclusive Use Child Policy: Exclusive use, the child policy falls away
Rates Policy: Date range validity as indicated. Rates are subject to change Check in / out and departure time: Check in 14h00 / Check out and departure 11h00
Early arrivals and late departures by arrangement only
PARK & CONSERVATION FEES 2018
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child per DAY
Early check in and late check out subject to availability and charges may apply. We recommend that adequate travel insurance be arranged for the duration of your holiday.
Levies are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notice. They will be charged by the respective lodge to the guest's overall bill and paid at check-out.