Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge is a five star lodge situated on a prime site in the west of the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve. The inception of this exclusive lodge has an exceptionally inspiring story to it in terms of local community upliftment, business smart, outstanding management and of course, breathtaking location and lavish accommodation. The safari lodge boasts a range of activities for guests to enjoy. The Lodge is an ecotourism partnership between North-West Park, the Balete Ba Lekgophung community and the operator, The Nature Workshop. The community has a 45-year lease to operate a commercial lodge with traversing rights across the reserve.
- Terms & Conditions
|Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Details||1 Jul 2017 to 30 Apr 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 685|
|Per person per night – 30% Single Supplement||R6 090|
|Kids 3-12yrs sharing with Adult||R2 340|
|Details||1 May 2018 to 30 Jun 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 495|
|Per person per night – 30% Single Supplement||R4 545|
|Kids 3-12yrs sharing with Adult||R1 745|
|Details||1 Jul 2018 to 30 Apr 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 035|
|Per person per night – 30% Single Supplement||R6 540|
|Kids 3-12yrs sharing with Adult||R2 515|
Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge is situated on the Tweedepoort Ridge overlooking the plains and inselbergs of the western section of Madikwe Game Reserve.
The lodge has 8 suites; each with their own viewing deck, decorated in natural hews of colour and texture, offering a very private and luxurious experience. The thatched suites, with sliding doors from each room and shower allow the guest to experience a oneness with the bushveld.
Morning and afternoon/evening game-drives in open game-viewing vehicles, bush sundowners and drink stops on the Reserve, visits to hides.
Regrettably, due to safety concerns, children under 6 years of age are unable to participate in game-drives (shorter kiddies game drives can be arrange after breakfast).
Game-rich country with Big Five (black & white rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard) cheetah, wild dog, kudu, springbok, eland, red hartebeest, giraffe and impala, A paradise for bird watchers.
|Number of Suites||8||Community visits
|Separate WC||Yes||Meeting Room
|Maximum Guests||16||Lodge Pool||In Room Safe
|Due to terrain
|Room service||Yes||Power||220v AC|
|Air-Conditioning||Yes||Indoor Shower||Telephone||Yes||Private 4x4
an extra cost
|Room Fans||Yes||Indoor Shower||Hairdryers||Yes||Babysitting||Yes|
Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge
is situated at a prime site in the west of the Madikwe Game Reserve,
straddling the Tweedepoort Ridge with expansive views across the
northern plains and Inselbergs. The central lodge sits on the slopes of
a hill across a ravine, separating it from the chalets. Each of the
chalets is positioned on the ridge with expansive views to the North.
Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge opened in November 2004.
Buffalo Ridge is easily accessible by private charter or the daily Madikwe Shuttle into Madikwe Western Airstrip just 30 minutes from Buffalo Ridge through the reserve. Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge is a 3 and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg on the N4.
How to get there
Daily scheduled flights are operated from Johannesburg International Airport to the Madikwe Airstrip with Federal Air / Madikwe Air Charters. Private air -charters are organised on request. It is only a 4-hour drive from Johannesburg to Buffalo Ridge – Road transfers can be arranged and Self-drive is possible in 2x4 vehicles.
- All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured
- Accommodation, All Meals, Early Morning Teas and Coffees, Game Drives drives and Safari Activities
- Phone Calls, Bar Account, Bed Levy @ R 10.00 per Person per Night
- Park fees, Landing fees, Guest Conservation Contribution
Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Children of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges (please enquire)
- Babysitters available
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 40 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation.
Should the reservation be
If a booking is cancelled after confirmation, the deposit will be
forfeited. In addition, the following fees will be levied and the scale
of charges expressed as a percentage of the total price is as follows:
- Four weeks before arrival - 75% of the total amount
- Two weeks before arrival - 100% of the total amount
Arrival | Departure
Guests may arrive any time from 2pm, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
What to Take
Comfortable walking shoes • Sun hat • Sunglasses • Sun block • Cameras and binoculars • Light, neutral coloured clothing • Swimming costume • Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
ClimateSummer - October to March
Rainy season with hot days and warm nights. Temperatures 25°C - 40°C.
Winter - April to September
Dry season with generally warm days and cold nights. Temperatures 0°C - 25°C.
Flight | Air Transfers | Private Charters
• Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR flights from O.R.Tambo
• Private charters are available on request
• Road transfers available on request
• Entrance Fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Air, please settle in camp.
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child per DAY