The word ‘Molori’ meaning ‘to dream’ in the local language of seTswana, truly captures the essence of Molori Safari, recognised throughout the world as one of South Africa’s most luxurious game lodges. This five-suite retreat, originally built as the owner’s private family retreat, was constructed in 2007 in the heart of the 75,000-hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. In 2009 the owners decided to open the property to the public, at which point the retreat received a complete makeover transforming it into the intimate and luxuriously chic lodge it has become today.
Situated 400kms northwest of Johannesburg in South Africa’s North West province, the reserve borders Botswana. The lodge offers breath-taking views of an expansive valley and the Dwarsberg Mountains, as well as an abundance of bird life and game including the Madikwe “Super Seven” which is the Big Five but includes the highly endangered wild dog and cheetah.
At Molori Safari the well-heeled discerning traveller in search of absolute privacy, luxury and relaxation, who has experienced much and expects the very best, will find it a retreat that offers extraordinary personalised service, style and comfort. The Molori experience is about every need being anticipated from beginning to end and is continuously evolving to provide guests with a fresh perspective.
The Molori experience includes basking in opulent, luxury suites with floor to ceiling glass retractable doors that allow nature in, thrilling game drives and bush walks led by award-winning guides, mouth-watering cuisine under the African sky and luxury spa treatments hemmed in by the bush - all personalised to guests' own preferences and time.
The Molori Safari experience will leave everlasting memories, ones that our guests will carry with them for a lifetime. It is the perfect destination for those in search of a bespoke luxury safari experience.
- Quick Facts
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Details||15 Jan 208 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Ngwedi Suite (Premier Suite) per person sharing 1-2 guests||R14 405|
|Ngwedi Suite (Premier Suite) Single Supplement||R7 200|
|Ngwedi Suite (Premier Suite) per child 3-15 yrs||R5 760|
|Lesedi Suiteper (Premier Suite) person sharing 1-2 guests||R14 405|
|Lesedi Suite (Premier Suite) Single Supplement||R7 200|
|Lesedi Suite (Premier Suite) per child 3-15 yrs||R5 760|
|Sephiri Suite (Family Premier Suite ) per person sharing 1- 4 guests||R16 205|
|Sephiri Suite (Family Premier Suite ) Single Supplement, incl. VAT||R8 105|
|Sephiri Suite (Family Premier Suite ) per child 3-15 yrs||R6 480|
|*additional couple occupying second bedroom pays 75% of the per person rate Adult||R12 155|
|Molelo Suite (Presidential Suite) per person sharing 1-4 guests||R26 105|
|Molelo Suite (Presidential Suite) Single Supplement, incl. VAT||R13 055|
|Molelo Suite (Presidential Suite) per child 3-15 yrs||R10 445|
|*additional couple occupying second bedroom pays 75% of the per person rate per adult||R19 580|
|Metsi Presidential Suite per person sharing 1-2 guests||R26 105|
|Metsi Presidential Suite Single Supplement||R13 055|
|Metsi Presidential Suite per child 3-15 yrs||R10 445|
|Exclusivity of Molori Safari (up to 14 guests) per night||R178 270|
|0-2 years stay free|
Dream Honeymoon Escape
cocooned in one of our romantic premier suites and receive the following:
50% off return flights from OR Tambo to Madikwe on Charter Africa
A bottle of champagne on arrival
A soothing massage on our spa bush deck or your venue of choice
Complimentary upgrade to our Presidential Suite subject to availability
A private vehicle subject to availability
Romantic turn downs & sundowner surprises
A romantic picnic on our star deck or in your suite
Valid for 2018 as per the 2018 Molori rates* normal terms and conditions apply *
* min 3 nights * not to be combined with other Molori specials *
* marriage certificate to be presented on making the booking * valid for 2 people only
* Flight from OR Tambo with condition*
Stay 4 nights and pay for 3
Book exclusive use of Molori Safari for
four nights and only pay for three
Perfect for large groups and family generational travel
Valid for 2018 as per the 2018 Molori rates
* Normal terms and conditions apply * Not to be combined with other Molori specials
Offering guests the opportunity to
stay longer for less
at the ultimate Molori private bush retreat
Valid for 2018 as per the 2018 Molori rates
* Normal terms and conditions apply *
Not to be combined with other Molori specials
Boasting an aesthetic that blends local elements with well-placed international design, the Lodge’s warmth, charm and comfort reign supreme in the five meticulous open-air suites, thoughtfully distanced from each other to offer maximum privacy. All of the suites boast spacious wooden decks, private infinity pools and floor-to-ceiling glass walls which fully retract to let nature in. Kirk Lazarus crafted local-chic interiors to soothe guests with neutral palates, streaming natural light and exceptional furniture by Fendi, Kenneth Cobonpue and Philipp Plein. Additional in-room amenities include telescopes, Bose iPod Docking Systems, espresso machines, wireless Internet, portable DVD players and mini-bars.
Both of the Premier Suites (named Ngwedi and Lesedi) measure 232 square meters each (inclusive of indoor/outdoor space) and the Executive Suite (named Sephiri) measures 307 square meters (inclusive of indoor/outdoor space). All suites feature a large living area, bedroom and bathroom with heated flooring for the cooler months. The split-level Sephiri Suite, ideal for families, has two bedrooms, each with their own private bathrooms. The decks that extend from these suites are outfitted with luxurious Dedon daybeds for ultimate relaxation.
Molori’s two Presidential Suites, the Metsi Suite, which measures 593 square meters (inclusive of indoor/outdoor space) and the new two-bedroom Molelo Suite, measuring 619 square meters (inclusive of indoor/outdoor space) are breathtaking, both in size and opulence. While the Metsi Suite contains one master bedroom and bath, the all-white Molelo Suite features two bedrooms, each with their own private bathroom. Each Presidential Suite also features one or two dining areas, a service kitchen, spacious lounge, walk-in closet, rim-flow bath, an outdoor shower, private infinity pool and Jacuzzi. Both suites boast their own library/study equipped with a laptop and a collection of National Geographic magazines dating back to the 1940s, as well as a flat screen television equipped with Satellite TV and DVD player.
All guests are encouraged to take advantage of the two infinity pools and heated Jacuzzi at the main lodge, as well as the retreat’s second rim-flow heated Jacuzzi, situated on the highest mountainside deck for optimal wildlife viewing. Guests can truly unwind with a cocktail, a book, or a cigar on Molori’s many relaxation decks, including the prized reading and star decks which also feature Dedon daybeds. The main lodge library offers a large selection of popular books, and a well equipped humidor for guests to choose from various imported cigars (available at an extra cost). Also available in the main lodge is a Satellite TV and DVD player (portable DVD players are available upon request).
All guests are encouraged to live out their dreams at Molori Safari Lodge, seeing and experiencing the vast African landscape themselves. The Molori team is happy to suggest any number of activities and can customise each to fit every guest’s own personal schedule.
Game Drives and Walks
For close encounters with nature, Molori offers game drives twice daily that aim to leave guests with memories of much more than just the “big five.” The 75,000-hectare reserve boasts several prides of lion, large herds of elephant, black and white rhino, countless buffalo and more than 340 bird species, as well as the endangered cheetah, brown hyena and a healthy population of wild dogs. Night drives showcase an array of nocturnal wildlife, including leopard and various smaller members of the cat family, and guided safari walks give guests the exhilarating experience of bush tracking.
For a more celestial experience, guests can take advantage of Molori’s observatory. With a fully retractable roof the observatory is equipped with a fully automatic, digital telescope (one of the largest privately owned telescopes in Southern Africa) to explore the cosmos and the Southern Hemisphere’s remarkable night sky.
The Groot Marico River runs through the reserve and offers some of the regions more tranquil fishing spots. Hippo sightings are common here.
The team can arrange golf outings at various courses in the area, including the Sun City Gary Player Golf Course and Lost City Golf Course, both 90 minutes by road or 20 minutes by helicopter.
Total Body Wellness
The Molori Spa & Fitness Center encompasses the natural beauty of the surrounding African bush. Peaceful music, contemporary décor, and indigenous incense set the relaxation stage for various massage and aromatherapy treatments. All spa services are available in either the serene treatment room, outdoors on daybeds, or for a truly unrivaled experience, in the bush massage area. Alternatively, guests can enjoy private spa treatments in their own suites. The air-conditioned fitness center is well equipped with state-of-the-art treadmill, bike and crosstrainer machines, dumbbells and weight machines, as well as Pilates and yoga equipment. A steam room and sauna overlook the chiller pool and are the ideal complement to any workout or treatment.
Molori’s mouth-watering cuisine is under the direction of gourmet chefs inspired by both Eastern and Western influences and most meals are discussed with guests prior to preparation. All meals are created from the freshest local ingredients, selected from either the lodge’s own organic garden or from premium items flown in from Johannesburg, in accordance with personal preferences. The finest South African wines and top-shelf liquors accompany all meals; fine imported wines and special vintage whiskeys and cognacs are available at an incremental cost. Molori Safari Lodge guests can choose to have their meals served in a wide variety of dining areas, from brunch on the Star Deck overlooking the water hole (which frequently attracts elephants in search of fresh water) to the al fresco dining area in the main lodge, which boasts an authentic pizza oven. Molori also offers guests the opportunity to experience a true South African braai, or barbeque, in the Boma, or those seeking privacy and romance can always choose to dine on their private deck. Aspiring chefs can learn how to prepare their favorite indigenous dishes on-site, from selecting and preparing ingredients, to cooking and presenting a meal. Cooking classes can be booked 24 hours in advance.
Molori Safari Lodge is in the spectacular 75,000-hectare Madikwe Game Reserve, in South Africa's North West province. It lies close to the Kalahari Desert, and not far from the border of Botswana. Most guests take the 50-minute flight from Johannesburg to an airstrip that serves the park. Transfers from the airstrip are included in the price of your stay.
At an additional cost, daily shuttle flight services are available, from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport to Madikwe Game Reserve’s private airstrip. Guests wishing to arrive incognito may request the use of a helicopter, which flies directly to Molori’s own helipad from O.R. Tambo International Airport. Additionally, guests have the option of chartering their own flights, directly to Madikwe Game Reserve’s private airstrip.
Rates are quoted per person, per night in SA Rand (ZAR) and are subject to availability and change.
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals, created from the freshest local ingredients & presented after personalised consultation with a Molori gourmet chef
- Wines (excluding premium Molori Collection)
- Spirits, seasonal juices, tea, coffee (Nespresso machines) & soft-drinks
- In-room bars with snacks & beverages
- Ipod docking stations and wifi throughout the property
- State-of-the-art specifications throughout with air-conditioning, heating, open fires as well as under floor heating
- Two game drives daily and bush walks
- Spa treatment, limited to one 30 minute spa treatment per person per stay
- Use of the fitness centre, sauna, steam room & chiller pool located in our Spa facility
- Transfers to and from the airstrip
- Tourism levy
- Molori Premium wine collection
- Baby sitting charged per hour as staff remuneration
- Flights to and from Madikwe Game Reserve & entrance fees into the park
- Boutique purchases
- We welcome children of all ages. Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of their own children.
- Sephiri and Molelo Suites are well suited for families with children.
- Age limit of seven years applies to game drives, but it is also at the discretion of the field guide who will make the final call.
- Private vehicles are available on request prior to guest arrival and highly recommended.
- Children aged 0-2 years will be accommodated free of charge
- Children 3-15 years or age will be eligible to pay 40% of the adult rates when sharing with parents in our family suites (Sephiri Premier & Molelo Presidential)
- Should children stay in a suite of their own, full adult rates will apply
- Should children share with one adult in our one-bedroom suites, the applicable child rate will apply
- A private vehicle is included when booking both Presidential Suites - Metsi and Molelo
- Private vehicles are subject to availability and need to be pre-booked at a cost of R8 070 per day
- Additional Private Guide accommodation – R5 650 per night (subject to availability of guide room)
- Northwest Parks Board fees as charged as follows: (subject to change without prior notice)
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is due 7 working days after the pro-forma invoice has been issued.
- Once a deposit is received, the booking status will be changed from provisional to confirmed. The full balance is payable 45 days prior to the day of arrival.
- Reservations shall not be binding until written acceptance and confirmation has been received from the property.
- 46+ days prior to arrival date : 25% cancellation fee
- 0-45 days prior to arrival date : 100% cancellation fee
- Flight cancellations and road transfer cancellations are subject to the policy of the respective suppliers
FESTIVE SEASON CANCELLATION POLICY
- 61+ days prior to arrival date : 25% cancellation fee
- 0-60 days prior to arrival date : 100% cancellation fee
- Flight cancellations and road transfer cancellations are subject to the policy of the respective suppliers
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Our check in time is strictly 14h00
- Our check out time is strictly 11h00
- Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day use rate (50% of the applicable nightly rate)
- We strongly recommend insurance coverage in the event of unforeseen cancellation, delay or interruption, lost or delayed baggage, emergency accident, sickness and evacuation, accidental death, common carrier, 24 hour medical assistance, traveller's assistance, and emergency cash transfer. Please contact us for advice on travel insurance.
- Molori Safari is privately owned and opened its doors in 2009
- It is situated in the Big Five, malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa, offering the “Super Seven” including cheetah and wild dog and is an area rich in culture and history.
- Madikwe Summer: September to April, daytime temperatures of approximately 31°C (88°F) with higher chance of rainfall.
- Madikwe Winter: May to August, daytime temperatures of approximately 22°C(72°F) and evening temperatures dropping to as low as 2°C (35°F)
- Molori Safari comprises five luxury suites, a main lodge area with four dining areas, a living room and bar opening out onto an outdoor heated jacuzzi and infinity pool
- The three Premier Suites include: Lesedi, Ngwedi & Sephiri Family Suite
- The two Presidential Suites include: Metsi & Molelo Family Suite
- Children of all ages are welcome at Molori Safari
- Private game drive vehicles are available at an additional cost for families travelling with children younger than 6 years and for those wanting a more tailor-made safari experience
- Molori cuisine is under the direction of gourmet chefs combining the best of local produce and international trends. Every meal is an occasion at Molori Safari
- The Molori private helipad allows for incognito arrivals when making use of our helicopter
- Molori experiences include day and evening game drives, guided bush walks (16+), bird watching with high-tech viewing equipment, spa treatments, steam room, sauna and chiller plunge pool, heated jacuzzis, private swimming pools, cooking classes, photography, star azing and junior ranger lodge activities and experiences.