Lodges that lie in the central and eastern regionof Madikwe are accessed via the Abjaterskop Gate, while most of the lodges in the western part of the reserve are accessed by the Wonderboom Gate.
► Entrances to the Madikwe Game Reserve
- Abjaterskop Gate
- Wonderboom Gate
- Tau Gate
- Derdepoort Gate
- Motledi Gate
Once your booking is confirmed, we’ll send directions to your lodge.
- From Johannesburg head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll Road.
- Take the N4 Toll Road north-west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico, and Zeerust.
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the second stop street into President Street. There you’ll see a signpost on the left marked “Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and a First National Bank on the corner to your right.
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km.
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate.
- The second entrance to the reserve is the Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km on from the first gate.
- Gaborone Airport (Botswana) - Madikwe 28km
- Johannesburg - Madikwe 360km
- Pretoria - Madikwe 400km
- Zeerust - Madikwe 100km
► Day Safaris
There is an executive daily air shuttle service available between Johannesburg International Airport and Madikwe Game Reserve. The service departs from the Federal Airlines Executive Lounge at Johannesburg International Airport and operates the latest model Cessna Grand Caravans as well as twin-engine piston aircraft.
► Chauffeur Drive
- Transfers can be arranged at an additional cost and are provided by our preferred suppliers.
- Quotes are offered on request.
- Transfers costs range from 3 000.00 – 5 000.00 ZAR one way, subject to the number of guests in the party, the pick-up point, and availability of a driver.
- Transfers and accommodation costs are payable upfront.
► Madikwe Aircharters
- Please note that flights can only be booked once your accommodation is confirmed.
- Flight bookings must be paid upfront on booking and are subject to a 10% non-refundable administration fee.
- The lodge provides transfers between the reserve airstrip and your destination.
For more information on our 2019 Madkiwe Aircharters & Schedueles with pricing please CLICK HERE or contact one of our Travel Consultants