Herman Charles Bosman has woven many a tale about Abjaterskop and the Marico River. It is perhaps he that best describes the vast area where enselbergs rise from the savannahs and an area that is given life from the Marico River. This is the Madikwe Game Reserve, 75,000 hectares of unique topography and breathtaking beauty, it is also home to the big 5 and a large variety of mammal and bird life. A Tswana word meaning word meaning 'A Gift from God'. The lodge features a magnificent feature pool which looks over onto an active water hole, during the heat of the day much is observed from the pool or from the nearby viewing sala. Breakfasts and lunches are enjoyed on the pool deck while dinner is in the boma. For those wanting peace and tranquility nothing can beat taking a book from the library and whiling away the afternoon in the sala. Daily dawn and dusk / evening game drives are conducted in open landrovers by qualified rangers and Shangaan trackers. Walks are also available.
|Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Details||1 Dec 2017
to 30 Nov 2018
|Luxury Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 665|
|Family Safari Suite (4 adults & 2 kids)||R29 865|
|Deluxe Safari Suite (4 adults)||R32 405|
note that our gate times are between 06:00am and 21:00 pm and cannot be
opened unless its a medical emergency
R 3,265.00 Per Person Per Night sharing
Subject to availability
per person per night sharing
in Luxury Suites
- accommodation in Luxury Suites only,
- all meals, teas & snacks, local & select imported drinks and
- 2 daily game drives per day
- Park entrance fees as determined,
- bed levy, conservation levy,
- select premium brand drinks and
- items of a personal nature
supplement - 50% of the per person sharing rate
Children under 12 - 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with 2 adults
Carved from the hillside, eight glass fronted luxury chalets line a natural spring, each enjoying striking views either from within or from the outdoor shower. The lodge enjoys spectacular vistas extending as far as the eye can see, your choice may be to visit in summer and laze on the pool deck with a chilled chardonnay. Or maybe a winter safari - retire to the library with a cognac or stoke the fire in your suite, gaze out at the stars before drifting away with vivid images of unrestricted close encounters with Africa's big game.
20 beds in 10 suites presented as 8 standard suites and 2 deluxe suites
Standard Suite Features
- Twin beds with king size available on request
- Full en-suite facilities including spectacular vistas
- Outside showers
- Mini bar fridges,tea&coffee making facilities
- Mini safes
- Climate control air-conditioning system
- Covered patio
Deluxe Suites in combination feature
- All inclusions in standard suites and
- Lounge & dining room
- Private plunge pool
- Private boma deck
Rise in the morning to an African dawn and enjoy an early morning game drive with your dedicated professional ranger. Relax as your ranger guides you through the bush on a custom made open Landrover, searching out the Big 5 or the smaller secrets of nature. Set out on a foot safari with your armed ranger and learn the secrets of tracking African game or just enjoy the trees, birds and stunning scenery. Return from the excitement of the bush to a sumptuous breakfast or brunch and then relax at the pool or the sala overlooking the waterhole where game may come to quench their thirst. In the afternoon, when the heat of the African sun has diminished and the shadows are longer, head out again on a sundowner safari, where you will stop to watch the sun set on this bushveld paradise and enjoy your favorite sundowner drink.
Once the sun has set and darkness descends, set off again for a night safari where the more nocturnal creatures now rule the bush. Return to the lodge where you will be treated to the finest Pan-African cuisine with your hosts in the open air boma, and share your days adventures, while you enjoy a night cap around the fire. This is a typical day here at Impodimo where your safari experience will unfold. All our rangers are highly qualified and experienced, and undergo regular evaluations and ongoing training to ensure that they are up to our very high standards.
- Intimate lounge
- Outdoor dining area (Boma & pool Lapa)
- Curio / gift shop
- Wine cellar
- Bush dinner venue
- In room spa treatments
Travelling by Road
- Drive from Johannesburg to Magaliesburg along the N14 and the R 24.
- From Magaliesburg, take the R509 through Derby to Koster (69km)
- Turn right in Koster to Swartruggens. (34km)
- Continue straight through Swartruggens towards Groot Marico and Zeerust. You do not actually pass through the town of Groot Marico
- After entering Zeerust, keep straight on until you see a sign for Gaberone / Madikwe Game Reserve. Turn right there.
- Continue on this road through 2 rural villages and past Madikwe Road Takeaways (a store and filling station) and past Nietverdiend (a store, filling station and police station).
- Continue on this road past the Abjagterskop Gate for Madikwe Game Reserve on your right. (Thatched entrance with flags etc.) for 7km.
- 7 km past the Abjagterskop Gate, you will find another gate (Wonderboom gate) on the Right into the park. We will meet you here.
of the per person sharing rate.
Children – 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults.
Additional children under 12 years sharing with adults in Deluxe Safari Suite will be charged 50% of the Standard Suite sharing rate .
Standard Suites - Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, local drinks on safaris and 2 daily safari activities.
Family Safari Suite - As above and full use of the unit & sole use of safari vehicle with your private ranger and tracker.
Deluxe Safari Suite - - As above with family safari suite, including a private chef, with all meals catered for in the unit.
Rate exclusions;Park entrance fees as determined by North West Parks & Tourism Board, which may be subject to change without notice, select premium brand drinks, bed levy of R 5.70 per person per night (subject to change without notice) and items of a personal nature. Please note a surcharge may apply to certain dietary requirements.
Fully Inclusive Supplement available on request – per person, per night – local drinks only.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
A non-refundable 20% deposit is required to confirm any reservation. Full payment of the balance is due 7 days prior to guests arrival, unless
the booking is made within 30 days, in which case full payment will be required to confirm the reservation. The following cancellation terms and
conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows;
- 45 and 31 days prior to arrival – Forfeit deposit
- 30 and 15 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total amount will be due.
- 14 and 0 days prior to arrival – 90% of the total amount will be due.
CHILDREN; Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, and where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times. The lodge reserves the right to impose similar restrictions for family unit guests if it is believed that safety may be compromised.Baby sitting facilities can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
A minimum of 2 nights stay is required over weekends, long weekends and public holidays.PARK & CONSERVATION FEES 2018
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child (under 12 years) per DAY