Out of the heart of the spectacular Madikwe Game Reserve, embraced by pristine bush-veld nurtured by Mother Africa’s rich red soil, Etali Safari Lodge rises to meet you with lavish hospitality. Built in harmony with nature under the vibrant African sun, Etali is an exclusive, intimate haven, where body and soul are rejuvenated in surroundings created by people who understand luxury. Staff at Etali is the Soul of the Lodge, all departments function in harmony and are Equal in Importance That is how we create the Etali Experience. The Wellness Spa with professionally trained therapists, offers treatment to your choosing, steam room and the open air gym contributes to getting the city race out of your system and maximise the opportunity to embrace nature.
- Guest Info
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Details||01 Aug 2018 to 31 Oct 2018||01 Nov 2018 to 14 Dec 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R8 620||R7 650|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R11 200||R9 945|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R5 135||R4 650|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R2 325||R2 325|
|Details||15 Dec 2018 to 12 Jan 2019||13 Jan 2019 to 18 Apr 2019||19 Apr 2019 to 30 Apr 2019|
|Adult Per Person Per Night Sharing||R9 685||R8 900||R11 900|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R12 590||R11 570||R15 480|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R6 780||R6 230||R8 330|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R2 610||R2 670||R3 570|
|Details||May 2019||Jun - July 2019||August 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R6 500||R7 900||R11 900|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R8 450||R10 270||R15 470|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R4 550||R5 530||R8 330|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R1 950||R2 370||R3 570|
|Details||September- Octover 2019||01 Nov - 11 Dec 2019||12 Dec 2019 to 12 Jan 2020|
|Adult Per Person Per Night Sharing||R8 900||R6 500||R11 900|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R11 570||R8 450||R15 470|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R6 230||R4 550||R8 330|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R2 670||R1 950||R3 570|
- All Game Drives
- Kids activities & babysitting
- All meals and snacks
- House wines, local beers, soft drinks & bottled mineral wates
- Use of the gym & steam room
- Game Reserve entrance fees
- Conservation Levy
- Flight entrance fees
- Bar and beverage other than the inclusive
- Wellness center treatments
- All drinks not listed as inclusive.
- Curio Items
- Bush Walks
The Single guests surcharge is 30% of the adult rate.
- All rates are given in South African Rands and include VAT.
- Children rates are applicable for 1 child per adult.
- Waterhole viewing suites 6, 7 cannot be pre-booked. Waterhole viewing suites 5 is reserved for erderly and disabled guests and cannot be pre-booked. Availability can be requested upon arrival.
- Rates may be subject to change. All confirmed bookings will be honored at the agreed rate.
- A 30% Deposit is required to confirm a booking with full payment made no later than 4 weeks before check-in.
- Cancelation fees are 50% up to two weeks before check in and 100% thereafter.
- Guests at Etali enjoy two game drives per day. Drives are open to all guests over the age of six. Younger guests can arrange for kids-friendly bumble drives between game drive times.
- Game walks can also be arranged upon request for guests older than 16 years. Guests over 60 years old require a bill of clear health from a medical doctor in order to go on game walks.
Our side-by-side family suites are also available for guests who would like to stay close to their children while also having their own rooms.
Getting to Madikwe
We suggest that guests unfamiliar with South African roads do not use the self drive option. We do not suggest using a GPS system to reach the lodge!
Detailed road directions can be found here: http://www.etalisafari.co.za/resources/etali-directions.pdf
We suggest guests using road transfer services contact use one of our, trusted and experienced, prefered suppliers
Our spacious and luxurious suites offer a refuge from the stresses of everyday life. Here everything is designed to facilitate a connection to the natural surroundings of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Each free-standing suite comes standard with private game viewing deck, splash pool and outdoor shower along with additional amenities such as air-conditioning, fireplace and wifi.
Spa & Gym
The Etali Spa offers the perfect space to relax and be rejuvenated and revitalised! Treatments include massages, body wraps, manicures, pedicures, facials and more. Te adjacent gym and steam room is open for the use of all guests
Luxury Suites & Family SuiteTo ensure individual guest attention and privacy Etali offers only 8 luxury suites and one family suite. 3 Luxury suites have direct views of the waterhole at our main lodge. These cannot be pre-booked. Suite 5 is wheelchair accessible, for guests with limited mobility.
Our family suite offers 2 back-to-back rooms with a shared deck and no inter-leading door. The family suite includes all facilities of our luxury suites along with a larger shared deck, swimming pool and private lapa.
We use Toyota Cruisers with bucket seats and canvas roofs, we also make use of trackers enabling our rangers to find their own sightings and use ear pieces to minimize the noise levels on the vehicles. Four vehicles ensure that if a guest would like a private vehicle, we can provide it. All our rangers have been trained to do guided drives or walks. We offer a special star gazing experience and have an astronomer who visits the lodge on a monthly basis to do training with our field guides and if there is a need expressed by guests he comes in at no extra charge.
Our wellness centre forms a very important part of our philosophy to allow guests to get connected to their inner self and enjoy the luxury of relaxation. We have three treatment rooms and two permanent therapists allowing guests to relax and feel how good you can feel using different therapies i.e. hot stone massage, aromatherapy or our thlakanya massage.
Please refuel at Sun Village / Zeerust as there is no fuel available inside the reserve.
There are 2 routes to Etali
- Via Rustenburg / Zeerust
- Via Rustenburg / Zeerust will take approximately four to four and a half hours (depending on amount of stops made) to the Abjagterskop Gate and another hour inside the Game Reserve.
- Via Sun City / Molatedi
- Via Sun City / Molatedi will take approximately three to three and a half hours to the Molatedi Gate and another thirty minutes inside the Game Reserve. (This is the route we prefer to use). It is advisable to fill up with fuel at the Sun Village, just after the Sun City entrance on the right as there is no fuel available inside the reserve.
After passing Sun City on the right, continue straight (approximately 5 km) until you reach a four-way junction. Turn right to DERDEPOORT.
Follow the road for approximately 8 kms and turn left at the sign saying, "BAPONG" (ignoring ALL signs saying "MADIKWE") after passing through MABESKRAAL at the 4 way junction/stop turn right to DERDEPOORT . After 26kms the road will become gravel, the Dwarsberg Liquor Store will be on your left. Continue straight along this road, passing through the Molatedi village, over the Marico River and straight to the MOLATEDI GATE entrance into the Park. From here, just follow the signs to Derde poort gate, until you get a Etali safari lodge sign. We are 21 km from this gate.