Out of the heart of the spectacular Madikwe Game Reserve, embraced by pristine bush-veld nurtured by Mother Africa’s rich red soil, Etali Safari Lodge rises to meet you with lavish hospitality. Built in harmony with nature under the vibrant African sun, Etali is an exclusive, intimate haven, where body and soul are rejuvenated in surroundings created by people who understand luxury. Staff at Etali is the Soul of the Lodge, all departments function in harmony and are Equal in Importance That is how we create the Etali Experience. The Wellness Spa with professionally trained therapists, offers treatment to your choosing, steam room and the open air gym contributes to getting the city race out of your system and maximise the opportunity to embrace nature.
|Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Details||16 Jan 2018 to 19 Mar 2018||20 Mar 2018 to 30 Apr 2018||01 May 2018 to 31 July 2018|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R8 545||R9 685||R7 650|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R11 105||R12 590||R9 945|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R5 090||R6 780||R4 650|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R2 305||R2 610||R2 325|
|Details||01 Aug 2018 to 31 Oct 2018||01 Nov 2018 to 14 Dec 2018||15 Dec 2018 to 15 Jan 2019|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R8 620||R7 650||R9 685|
|Per Person Per Night Single||R11 200||R9 945||R12 590|
|Per Child 6 - 15 years sharing with parents||R5 135||R4 650||R6 780|
|Per Child 0 - 5 years sharing with parents||R2 325||R2 325||R2 610|
- Accommodation, all meals, high tea, tea and coffee, soft drinks and mineral water
- House wines (Glen Wood Shiraz and Sauvignon Blanc) and local beers
- Two game drives per day
- Game drive snacks
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Use of the gym and steam room
- Game Reserve entrance fees
- Conservation Levy
- Flight entrance fees
- Bar and beverage other than the inclusive
- Wellness center treatments
- Curio Items
- Bush Walks
The Single guests surcharge is 30% of the adult rate.
1. All rates are given in South African Rands and include VAT.
2. Children rates are applicable for 1 child per adult.
3. Waterhole viewing suites 6, 7 cannot be pre-booked. Waterhole viewing suites 5 is reserved for erderly and disabled guests and cannot be pre-booked. Availability can be requested upon arrival.
4. Rates may be subject to change. All confirmed bookings will be honored at the agreed rate.
6. A 30% Deposit is required to confirm a booking with full payment made no later than 4 weeks before check-in.
7. Cancelation fees are 50% up to two weeks before check in and 100% thereafter.
PARK & CONSERVATION FEES 2018
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per night | R75 per child per DAY
You’ll find the accommodation at Etali Safari Lodge sheer bliss in any one of our eight luxurious air-conditioned suites, each set apart for total privacy in its own bushveld domain. The mix of cool and earthy colours in the decor is a peaceful contrast to the unsurpassed beauty of the sweet-thorn Acacia trees outside.
Cooling off in the splendid outdoor whirlpool, sipping a cocktail as you watch the breathtaking African sunset on your own deck is the ultimate indulgence. Nothing beats a long, lingering shower taken in our inside/outside showers with only a bird or little antelope as audience. Second to that may be to soak away in our partner bath and enjoy a relaxing bath therapy prepared by our therapist. Big comfortable beds with fine crisp linen promise an unforgettable night’s sleep beneath the thatched roof.
We also cater for families with our Family Suite and if you have teenagers, we can offer you two slightly smaller back to back rooms, the only in camp with a connecting deck. These rooms do not have an outside shower; however they share a heated plunge pool.
Etali’s delectable cuisine is a contemporary fusion of traditional African with an Asian twist. Meals are light and healthy with lots of fresh seasonal and organically grown vegetables, fruit and herbs. There is no set menu as the chef extraordinaire selects only the best local produce daily to work his magic. Etali house wines are supplied by Glenwood Estate. We serve Glenwood Shiraz and Glenwood Semillon Sauvignon Blanc wines.
Other than fine dining in our dining room or main deck, we offer traditional South African dinners in our 'lesaka' kraal built in stone. (Tswana elders used to gather in lesaka to discuss tribal issues), close to our water hole. Etali has a site where we serve bush breakfasts and dinners, weather permitting.
► Game Experience
We use Toyota Cruisers with bucket seats and canvas roofs, we also make use of trackers enabling our rangers to find their own sightings and use ear pieces to minimize the noise levels on the vehicles. Four vehicles ensure that if a guest would like a private vehicle, we can provide it. All our rangers have been trained to do guided drives or walks. We offer a special star gazing experience and have an astronomer who visits the lodge on a monthly basis to do training with our field guides and if there is a need expressed by guests he comes in at no extra charge.
► Wellness Centre
Our wellness centre forms a very important part of our philosophy to allow guests to get connected to their inner self and enjoy the luxury of relaxation. We have three treatment rooms and two permanent therapists allowing guests to relax and feel how good you can feel using different therapies i.e. hot stone massage, aromatherapy or our thlakanya massage.
Please refuel at Sun Village / Zeerust as there is no fuel available inside the reserve.
There are 2 routes to Etali
- Via Rustenburg / Zeerust
- Via Rustenburg / Zeerust will take approximately four to four and a half hours (depending on amount of stops made) to the Abjagterskop Gate and another hour inside the Game Reserve.
- Via Sun City / Molatedi
- Via Sun City / Molatedi will take approximately three to three and a half hours to the Molatedi Gate and another thirty minutes inside the Game Reserve. (This is the route we prefer to use). It is advisable to fill up with fuel at the Sun Village, just after the Sun City entrance on the right as there is no fuel available inside the reserve.
After passing Sun City on the right, continue straight (approximately 5 km) until you reach a four-way junction. Turn right to DERDEPOORT.
Follow the road for approximately 8 kms and turn left at the sign saying, "BAPONG" (ignoring ALL signs saying "MADIKWE") after passing through MABESKRAAL at the 4 way junction/stop turn right to DERDEPOORT . After 26kms the road will become gravel, the Dwarsberg Liquor Store will be on your left. Continue straight along this road, passing through the Molatedi village, over the Marico River and straight to the MOLATEDI GATE entrance into the Park. From here, just follow the signs to Derde poort gate, until you get a Etali safari lodge sign. We are 21 km from this gate.