Situated in the heart of the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve just four hours drive from Johannesburg, Madikwe River Lodge is the perfect venue for both groups and private guests. Surrounded by 75 000 hectares of African sand veld, this luxury lodge is ideally positioned on the Groot Marico River, and is home to the Big 5, wild dog, cheetah and vast open spaces. The lodge offers comfortable accommodation in sixteen secluded split-level thatched chalets set in the cool tranquility of a riverine forest.
Madikwe's convenient location, only 3 and a half hours from Gauteng and a mere 45 minutes by aircraft, has ensured its popularity not only as a conference venue, but also as an ideal incentive group destination and package tour combination. Here, excellent service, superb facilities and the spectacular bush setting all go hand-in-hand to create a unique location for any conference. Surrounded by nature and wildlife, conference delegates, incentive tour members and corporate guests are removed from the stress and strains of every day life.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Seasonal Rates||1 Apr 2018 to 31 Aug 2018|
|Standard & Standard Family Room Single Per Night||R4 205|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 215|
|Luxury Room Single Per Night||R4 625|
|Luxury Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 545|
|Seasonal Rates||1 Sep 2018 to 31 Mar 2019|
|Standard & Standard Family Room Single Per Night||
|Standard & Standard Family Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||
|Luxury Room Single Per Night||
|Luxury Room Per Person Per Night Sharing||
- 16 bedrooms, sleeps 32
- 1 Luxury Suite
- 3 Double Rooms (king size beds)
- 6 Twin Rooms
- 6 Family Rooms (twin beds and additional sleeper couch)
- Cots are available on request
- All rooms are split level, thatched chalets
Standard Room Feature
- En-suite bathrooms with showers
- Bedroom leading onto a private balcony with views overlooking the Groot Marico River
- Range of customised toiletries
- Separate lounge area leading onto private balcony with views over looking the Groot Marico River
- En-suite bathroom with shower guest amenities
- Ceiling fan in bedroom
- Outside shower
- Hairdryers General Information On All Rooms
- Ceiling fans
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- Mini Bar
Arrival & Departure Times
- Check In – 13h00
- Check Out – 10h00
Madikwe River Lodge offer excellent service, superb facilities and the spectacular bush setting all go hand-in-hand to create a unique location for any conference. Surrounded by nature and wildlife, conference delegates, incentive tour members and corporate guests are removed from the stress and strains of every day life.
Facilities & Services
- 24 Hour reception services
- 24 Hour security
- Babysitting facilities
- Boma Dinners
- Bush Dinners
- Laundry service
- Curio shop
- Full bar service
- Lodge is surrounded by an electric fence
- Main lodge swimming pool with sun deck Rock Pool
- Private airstrip
- Private viewing decks in each room
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club accepted at Lodge
- Game Drives (early morning and late afternoon)
- Guided Bush Walks
- Located at the main camp
- Seats 30 guests
- Across the Groot Marico River on a little Island
- (Children 8 years and under are not permitted in the boma area for meals, but are required to have their meals in the dining room)
Bush Dining in Madikwe Reserve
- Picnic Baskets Available On Request
- Morning Game drives leave at approximately 07h00 and return for brunch at about 10h30 (served until 12 noon).
- High-Tea is more substantial and is served at 15h00.
- Evening Game Drives leave at approximately 15h30 and return at 19h00 for Dinner.
Conferences & Weddings
Madikwe's convenient location, only 3 and a half hours from Gauteng and a mere 45 minutes by aircraft, has ensured its popularity not only as a conference venue, but also as an ideal incentive group destination and package tour combination. Exclusive bush wedding co-ordinated together with the bridal couple
Madikwe River Lodge is situated in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province South Africa.
- Madikwe Charters flies from Johannesburg International on a daily basis, approximately 45 min flight.
- Contact nr: +27 11 805 4888
Situated in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province approximately:
- 50km from Gaborone
- 120km north of Zeerust
- 150km west of Sun City/Pilanesberg
- 250km from Shidzidzi and Nungubane
- 250km from Mabula Game Lodge
- 380km west of Johannesburg
- 430km from Johannesburg International Airport
From Johannesburg Airport
- From Johannesburg (Jhb) International Airport follow the R21, north, to Pretoria (Tshwane) through Kempton Park
- After +- 40 km follow N1 north to, Pretoria (Tshwane), Pietersburg (Polokwane)
- From the N1, +- 12 km, take N4 west into Pretoria (Tshwane), to Rustenburg or Hartebeespoort dam
- Follow the N4 through Pretoria, +- 60 km to Hartebeespoort dam
- From Hartebeespoort, follow N4 to Rustenburg for about +- 30km, go on the R556 to Sun City
- +- 94 km to Sun City
- From Gauteng pass Sun City on your right (R556); continue past the petrol stop onto the main junction.
- The junction reads Derdepoort to the right. Turn right ensuring you zero you odometer (Km counter of the car).
- Once you have turned right continue on the tar road, you will find the first sign indicating MADIKWE GAME RESERVE- Moletedi 100Km and Derdepoort 150Km.This is confirmation that you are on the right road.
- You will continue on this tar road for 40Km.
- On route you will pass the following turnoffs (do not take them only use them as reference together with your KM reading of the car):
- At 4Km you will pass a turnoff to Ledig settlement.
- At 9Km from the main junction there are several signs including Madikwe Game Reserve, Bapong, Jaci’s and Makanyane. DO NOT TURN LEFT
- At 18Km there is a Mabeskraal sign (do not take).
- You will pass through several informal settlements on route please be careful of the sometimes unexpected traffic (cows,goats,taxis and people).
- At 28 Km there is the first MADIKWE RIVER LODGE continue straight.
- At 40 Km from the main junction there is a Khayakhulu turn to your left (There is a sign indicating Madikwe River Lodge 87 Km)TAKE THIS ROAD LEFT . At this stage you leave the tar road for a gravel road for the rest of the trip to the Lodge.
- Stay on the main gravel Road.
- Pass straight past the Makgope turn on your left.
- At 47Km there is a sign indicating that you have 81 Km to go to the Lodge. Continue straight there is no junction.
- At 49 Km there is a junction continue straight to Khayakhulu (not left to Mabeskraal and not right to Mogoditsone)
- At 53 Km there is a Y- Junction KEEP RIGHT There is another lodge sign indicating 74 Km left)
- At 62 Km another Y-Junction KEEP LEFT.There is another lodge sign indicating 66Km left.
- At 65 Km sign Indicating MADIKWE GAME RESERVE- Moletedi 40 km and Derdepoort 90 km.
- At 66 km from the Sun City main junction you will arrive at a T-junction. Turn right to Deredpoort as the sign indicates. There is another lodge sign indicating 63 Km left.
- You will pass the Dwaarsberg Liquor store on your left continue straight. There is a sign indicating 51 Km to the Lodge.
- At 87 Km there is a sign indicating 43 Km to go no junction just continue straight.
- At 90 KM turn right at the Madikwe River Lodge sign indicating 40 Km left. There is also a sign indicating Derdepoort.
- At 96 Km continue straight past the turn to right (Swartruggens/Dwaalboom).
- At 106 Km continue straight past the turnoff to right (Dwaalboom)There is a Lodge sign indicating only 21 Km left.
- At 118 Km continue past the turnoff to your right (Buffelsdrift). Camp Mosela Sela will be on your right.
- At 127 Km you will have arrived at the Reserve gate called Derdepoort. (On your right there is a farm filling station should you require fuel for your trip home). At this junction turn left and report to the gate guard at the boom. Inform him that you will be proceeding to Madikwe River Lodge. He will in turn confirm this by radio with us at the Lodge.
- Proceed through the gate (40 km per hour) you are now in the reserve. After 3Km you will find a concrete sign indicating left to Madikwe River Lodge. Turn left and follow the reception signs.
- The lodge is 3 Km from the main road.
From Johannesburg via Abjaterskop Gate
- From Johannesburg get on the N1 Roodepoort Road
- Take the 14th Avenue off ramp from the N1
- Turn onto the M8, (M47), (M18) Ontdekkers road that goes west
- Go straight for a few hundred metres, then turn right at the traffic lights on the M47 Krugersdorp North / Hillfox road
- Follow the M47 Krugersdorp North road. Go straight on this road, you will cross several traffic lights and stop streets. After +- 7 km go straight over a busy 4-way stop street following N14 Ventersdorp sign
- Go straight for +- 10 km, then turn right at stop street on N14 Ventersdorp / R563 Hekpoort
- +- 0,8 km, turn left on the N14 Ventersdorp / (R24) Rustenburg road
- After +- 10,5 km turn right at stop street on the R24 Rustenburg / Magaliesburg road
- After +- 14,5 km you in Magaliesburg. Go straight through and turn left onto the R509 Koster / Derby road
- Follow this road, and after +- 56 km you will be in Derby. Go straight through Derby still on the R509 to Koster
- +- 17 km to Koster
- In Koster turn right on the R509 to Swartruggens. +- 33 km to Swartruggens
- Turn left at T-junction to Swartruggens on the N4
- Go straight through Swartruggens on N4 to Zeerust
- Go through tollgate
- +- 70 km to Zeerust on the N4
- DO NOT FOLLOW MADIKWE SIGNS - it is a village far away from us. ONLY FOLLOW MADIKWE GAME RESERVE or MADIKWE RIVER LODGE signs
- In Zeerust turn right on the R47 / R49 to Gaborone / Madikwe Game Reserve
- It is +- 90 km to the Abjaterskop Gate
- Inside the reserve follow Derdepoort Gate signs for +- 35km, till you see a Madikwe River Lodge turnoff to the right. +- 3 km to the lodge
- In total it is about 380 km, and will take +-4.5 hours
- Rates are quoted per person per night and include accommodation, three meals, two game activities, TOMSA levy and VAT at 15%
- Rates exclude gate entrance fees
- Driver/Guide rates are quote per person per night and includes accommodation, three meals, TOMSA Levy and VAT at 15%
- 50% deposit is required on confirmation and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation
- we have the right to request deposits or full payment in advance in the case of large groups, long stays, peak periods or high occupancy
- 29 – 15 days prior to arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged
- 14 - 01 days prior to arrival, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged
- No shows will be charged the full value of the accommodation booked
- In the event of a refund, a 10% administration fee will be retained for cancellations received after the card has been charged.
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age : Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults,meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age : Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults. Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older : Occupy their
and pay full adult rate
Where a child shares with 1 adult the adult sharing rate applies.
At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
Standard Room: Maximum 2 persons;
Standard Family: Maximum 2 adults & 2 children;
Luxury Room: Maximum: 2 Persons
6 Family Rooms available.
Children 6 & over will be allowed on the game drives & bush braai's.
16 years and over will be allowed on guided game walks (Wilderness Trails & Day Walks)