The Bush House is a private lodge in Madikwe Game Reserve. The lodge is an old farmhouse that has been transformed into an inviting and relaxing residence that encourages guests to kick off their shoes and unwind. Guests are welcomed as if to someone’s home. The house overlooks a beautiful waterhole that attracts fantastic game. The Bush House is your home in Big 5 country. Our informal style, intimate atmosphere and caring staff make you feel welcome, relaxed and part of our family. Game drives are conducted through out the year at optimum viewing times when game activity is generally at its peak, early morning and late afternoon into the evening.
- The Lodge
- How to get there
- Terms & Conditions
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured|
|Details||1 May 2019
to 31 Aug 2019
|1 Sep 2019
to 31 Dec 2019
|Single Per Night||R5 960||R6 385|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 555||R4 870|
|Children 0 - 5 yrs sharing||R 850||R 850|
|Children 6 - 11 yrs sharing||R2 275||R2 435|
|Children 12 yrs & Older sharing||R4 555||R4 870|
The Bush House IS your home in Big Five country. Our informal style, intimate atmosphere and caring staff make you feel welcome, relaxed and part of our family.
We have six ensuite rooms. Four of them have private verandahs where you can sit and contemplate the world, one overlooks the garden and waterhole with another having the soothing sounds of a water feature outside the sliding door. All of our rooms are part of the main lodge so there are no unnecessary long walks to and fro.
The rooms are tastefully furnished with percale bed linen and fluffy towels. The rooms have air-conditoners and fans, hairdriers, coffee and tea facilties. The bathrooms have separate baths and showers with a variety of toiletries. We have 220v electricity, cell phone signal and free Wi-Fi should you need to stay in touch
Our Chefs, who together create a wonderful culinary repertoire, whether it is breakfast in the garden, afternoon tea packed with treats or a fire-lit dinner in the boma under the stars. We try as much as possible to accommodate all dietary requirements.
Enjoy relaxing in the large shaded garden overlooking the best waterhole in Madikwe. Lounge at the pool while our staff take care of your every need. Enjoy a friendly game of cricket, rugby or soccer on the lawn. Two game drives are conducted daily under the expert care of our guide, take a walk through our private nature trail which is within the electrified boundaries of camp.
Travelling time approximately 3.5 hrs
- From the airport (OR Tambo) take R21 to Pretoria)
- From Johannesburg head north on N1 towards the N4 Toll Road.
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust. The toll fee is over R70.00 one way.
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the fourth stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says “ Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and an ABSA bank on the corner to the left.
- Follow the R47/R49 towards the reserve for approximately 95km.
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate.
- Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate.
- Once you have gone through the boom there is a Bush House signboard about 300m along the gravel road. Turn left in here and travel through our gate entrance. Follow the road to reception.
- Keep to the speed limit, especially when it drops down from 120kms to 80kms. The traffic officials are often at these spots including the small villages where the speed limit is 60kms as there is a lot of trapping along the R47/R49.
- Best bathroom facilities enroute are at the Wimpy in Koster or the Wimpy in Zeerust.
- If you drive an unleaded vehicle, fill up in Zeerust as you will have another 200kms before you return that way and the petrol stations between Zeerust and Madikwe are often out of unleaded fuel.
There is a scheduled Federal Air flight that flies in and out of the Reserve daily. Should you wish to charter a plane to suit your own time frame this can be arranged through Madikwe Charters.
- Inclusive of 15% V.A.T
- In South African Rand
- Subject to availability
- All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured.
- Accommodation, all meals, coffee and teas,
- Welcome drinks on arrival and on return from game drives
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Two game drives daily
- Unlimited Internet
- Curio shop purchases
- Beverage unless otherwise indicated
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Tourism Levy
- Landing Fee at airstrip
- Laundry services unless otherwise indicated
- Specialised coffees
- Gate entry fees
- Road transfer from the Eastern airstrip
- Children of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges (please enquire)
- Babysitters available at an extra cost and with prior notice.
- Children under six years of age sharing with parents pay R850
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Children’s programs available at Tuningi and Thakadu
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
- Guest may arrive from 13:00 and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00
- Early arrivals and late departures can be arranged with prior notice.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Cameras and binoculars
- Light, neutral coloured clothing
- Swimming costume
- Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00. Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Road, please settle in camp.Cancellation Policy
- The scale of charges expressed as a percentage of the total booking value.
- If a booking is cancelled after confirmation the following cancellation fees will apply
- Four weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount
- Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
- There are daily flights into the Reserve with Federal Air.
- These depart from ORTambo Johannesburg and can be arranged on request.
- Road transfers can be arranged on request
- The gate entrance fee/ fly in fee is payable on departure in camp.
In order to confirm a booking over this period the agent / operator must supply a 25% non-refundable deposit.