The Bush House is a private lodge in Madikwe Game Reserve. The lodge is an old farmhouse that has been transformed into an inviting and relaxing residence that encourages guests to kick off their shoes and unwind. Guests are welcomed as if to someone’s home. The house overlooks a beautiful waterhole that attracts fantastic game. The Bush House is your home in Big 5 country. Our informal style, intimate atmosphere and caring staff make you feel welcome, relaxed and part of our family. Game drives are conducted through out the year at optimum viewing times when game activity is generally at its peak, early morning and late afternoon into the evening.
- Terms & Conditions
|Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured|
|Details||1 Jan 2018
to 30 Apr 2018
|1 May 2018
to 31 Aug 2018
|1 Sep 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Single Per Night||R5 905||R5 280||R5 905|
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 515||R4 035||R4 515|
|Children 3 - 5 yrs sharing||R805||R805||R805|
|Children 6 - 11 yrs sharing||R2 255||R2 015||R2 255|
|Children 12 yrs & Older||R4 515||R4 035||R4 515|
We have six en suite rooms, each tastefully furnished with percale, aircon/heaters, 200v electricity, separate shower and bath, and private verandahs. The Bush House is more than a lodge- it’s your home in Big Five Country.Our intimate atmosphere, friendly staff and attentive care of our guests make You feel welcome, relaxed and part of our family.
Enjoy relaxing in the large shady garden overlooking the best waterhole in Madikwe.Lounge at the pool while our staff take care of your every need. Enjoy two game drives daily- take a look at “on Safari” for a more detailed account.
Morning and afternoon/evening game-drives in open game-viewing vehicles, bush sundowners and drink stops on the Reserve, visits to hides. Regrettably, due to safety concerns, children under 6 years of age are unable to participate in game-drives (shorter kiddies game drives can be arrange after breakfast).
Game-rich country with Big Five (black & white rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard) cheetah, wild dog, kudu, springbok, eland, red hartebeest, giraffe and impala, A paradise for bird watchers. “Your home in big 5 country”
Travelling by road to Madikwe
Travelling time approximately 3.5 hrs
- From the airport (OR Tambo) take R21 to Pretoria)
- From Johannesburg head north on N1 towards the N4 Toll Road.
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust. The toll fee is over R70.00 one way.
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the fourth stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says “ Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and an ABSA bank on the corner to the left.
- Follow the R47/R49 towards the reserve for approximately 95km.
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate.
- Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate.
- Once you have gone through the boom there is a Bush House signboard about 300m along the gravel road. Turn left in here and travel through our gate entrance. Follow the road to reception.
- Keep to the speed limit, especially when it drops down from 120kms to 80kms. The traffic officials are often at these spots including the small villages where the speed limit is 60kms as there is a lot of trapping along the R47/R49.
- Best bathroom facilities enroute are at the Wimpy in Koster or the Wimpy in Zeerust.
- If you drive an unleaded vehicle, fill up in Zeerust as you will have another 200kms before you return that way and the petrol stations between Zeerust and Madikwe are often out of unleaded fuel.
Charter Flights and Scheduled Flights
There is a scheduled Federal Air flight that flies in and out of the Reserve daily. Should you wish to charter a plane to suit your own time frame this can be arranged through Madikwe Charters.
- Accommodation, all meals, coffee and teas,
- Welcome drinks on arrival and on return from game drives
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Two game drives daily
- Unlimited Internet
- Curio shop purchases
- Beverage unless otherwise indicated
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Tourism Levy
- Landing Fee at airstrip
- Laundry services unless otherwise indicated
- Specialised coffees
- Gate entry fees
- Children of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges (please enquire)
- Babysitters available
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Children’s programs available at Tuningi and Thakadu
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE
Guests may arrive any time from 2pm, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
WHAT TO TAKE
Comfortable walking shoes • Sun hat • Sunglasses • Sun block • Cameras and binoculars • Light, neutral coloured clothing • Swimming costume • Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
GATE ENTRANCE FEES
Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00. Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Road, please settle in camp.
- The scale of charges expressed as a percentage of the total booking value.
- If a booking is cancelled after confirmation the following cancellation fees will apply
- Four weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount
- Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
PARK &CONSERVATION FEES 2018
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child per DAY