Tuningi is a stunning game lodge set in a valley in western section of Madikwe. It accommodates 16 people in double volume, free standing thatched rooms that all have their own private decks as well as beautiful interiors. Madikwe Game Reserve is a true African success story and Tuningi proudly enhances the experience! Tuningi Safari Lodge stands apart from most other five star game lodges in that children of all ages are accepted and there are two family suites in which parents and their children can be accommodated in their own rooms but are all under one roof with an enormous living area and deck too. There is also the option of Children’s game drives. The Lodge offers all the sumptuousness of a five star lodge as well as a warm and relaxed atmosphere, delicious food and fabulous game drives.
|Rates inclusive of 15% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured|
|Details||1 Jan 2018
to 30 Apr 2018
|1 May 2018
to 31 Jul 2018
|1 Aug 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Main Camp - Per Person Per Night Sharing / Single||R6 850||R6 065||R6 850|
|Children 2-12 yrs||R3 425||R3 030||R3 425|
|Family Suite - (sleeps 4)||R27 400||R24 265||R27 400|
* Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests (not the Family Suite). Creating triple suites in a Luxury Suite or adding an additional child to the Family Suite will be subject to availability based on occupancy (please contact Reservations).
# Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
- VAT 15%
- Luxury accommodation
- Three meals daily
- Game drives daily
- Airport departure taxes
- All beverages
- Park entry fee
- Airstrip landing fee
- Telephone calls
- Curio purchases
- < Gratuities
- Additional activities
- Wellness treatments
- In the event of a refund, a 10% administration fee will retained for cancellations received after the card has been charged.
- One week or less - 100% of full amount
- Two weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount
- Four weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount.
- All cancellations must be made in writing
- Children of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges (please enquire)
- Babysitters available
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Children’s programs available at Tuningi and Thakadu
- Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests (not the Family Suite).
- Creating triple suites in a Luxury Suite or adding an additional child to the Family Suite will be subject to availability based on occupancy (please contact Reservations).
- # Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
- Guests may arrive any time from 2pm, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
- WHAT TO TAKE: • Comfortable walking shoes • Sun hat • Sunglasses • Sun block • Cameras and binoculars • Light, neutral
- coloured clothing • Swimming costume • Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
- GATE ENTRANCE FEES: Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Road, please settle in camp.
- Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR flights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA).
- Private charters are available on request • Road transfers available on request
- Entrance Fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Air, please settle in camp.
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R 210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child (under 12 years) per DAY
– MAIN CAMP
Set in the rolling hills of the 75 000 hectare malaria-free ‘Big 5’ Madikwe Game Reserve, Tuningi offers a five-star African safari which is enhanced by personalised service in a friendly and relaxed environment.
This private lodge accommodates 16 guests in four Luxury and two double Family Suites.
LITTLE TUNINGI PRIVATE CAMP
Little Tuningi, accommodating only six guests in unsurpassed luxury, is part of the Main Lodge, but can be booked on an exclusive basis as stand alone accommodation, making it ideal for families and small group safaris.
This private lodge has a separate Luxury Suite and one Family Suite comprising of two en-suite bedrooms, an adjoining lounge and dining room, kitchenette, wrap-around wooden deck and a separate private pool and mini outdoor boma.
Tuningi Safari Lodge Combines the Wonders of the African Bushveld with the Splendours of Five Star Luxuries.
The main entertainment and reception area of Tuningi Safari Lodge overlooks an active waterhole that provides fantastic game viewing from the safety of an expansive wooden deck. The rim flow pool and comfy lounges give the lodge a sumptuous and welcoming feel.
The décor at Tuningi Safari Lodge is African-chic, with the main thatched lodge comprising of a sumptuous cosy lounge, a spacious dining room and a well-stocked bar and wine cellar
These spaces are interlinked by a sweeping wooden pool deck and walkway that leads to a boma under an ancient sprawling Fig Tree, from which Tuningi derives its name. This boma deck is perfect for outdoor dinners around a blazing log fire, where you can see and hear the wildlife just a few feet away.
For guests who battle to divorce themselves from technology in the bush, they are able to watch satellite TV, and connect with the “outside world” with Wi-Fi, all provided in the Tuningi lounge.
The ideal way for guests to catch up on some quiet time would be to select a book from the library and settle down in the lounge or on one of the outside decks to read, which is often highlighted by some game passing by.
Tuningi is family friendly through and through, and not only offers an endless array of activities to keep the kids entertained, but experienced baby sitters allowing some time-out for the parents.
FACILITIES AT A GLANCE
- Lounge & Dining Room
- Bar & Wine Cellar
- Boma and Viewing Deck Under an Ancient Fig Tree next to an Active Waterhole
- Wooden Viewing Deck around a Rim-flow Swimming Pool Overlooking a Waterhole
- Indulgent Massage Treatments
- Wi-Fi in the Main Lodge
- Fictional, Non-fictional Books & Novels
- Satellite Television in Main Lodge (sport channels only)
- Safari Gear on Sale
- Babysitting Service (additional cost)
Directions to Tuningi Safari Lodge
From Johannesburg head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll road
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the second stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says "Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone" and a First National Bank on the corner to the right
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate
- Pass that gate and enter Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate
Travelling by Air
- You can also fly into Madikwe game reserve with Madikwe Air
At Tuningi, your wedding ceremony will become a subtle combination of African chic, grace and charm. The ceremony will take place on a ‘koppie’ (hill) overlooking the northern
part of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Defined by careful attention to detail, service and co-ordination, the Tuningi team will lend a stylish yet relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to your exclusive wedding....
On the night of arrival we will treat you and your guests to a traditional bush dinner in the middle of the reserve under the stars. The day of the wedding will begin lazily with a
relaxed brunch on the deck at the lodge, after which all will have time for a rest before the big event.
Defined by careful attention to detail, service and co-ordination, the Tuningi team will lend a stylish yet relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to your exclusive bush wedding.
YOUR WEDDING PACKAGE @ TUNINGI INCLUDES:
- Game drives the day before and after the wedding for all guests that are accommodated at the lodge.
- Bush dinner the night before the wedding for all the guests.
- Wedding ceremony in the bush on a hilltop.
- A welcome drink and snack in the Tuningi boma, overlooking the waterhole, during the bridal couple’s photoshoot.
- Wedding reception and dinner in the Main Lodge.
- Single layer wedding cake with topping of your choice.
- Singing and dancing of Lodge choir.
- Special wedding turndown for the bridal couple including a bottle of South African sparkling wine.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Tuningi.
- Full body massage for bride and groom.
- Witnesses at the ceremony (lodge staff).
- Pressing of bride and groom garments.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister, his/her travel and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer, hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- All Beverages.
- Flowers of your choice. wedding package
Exclusive lodge booking of 16 pax
R26 895 [EXCLUDING ACCOMMODATION]
Weddings of up to 40 guests can be catered for, please contact reservations for a quote