As its name suggests, Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is an exclusive lodge offering guests a personal bush experience, which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. The lodge offer some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the tranquil feel given by the mature trees (mostly Leadwoods) under which the lodge’s main building and five luxury bush villas nestle.
Motswiri has luxurious accommodation, with each bush villa offering stunning views from private decks and multiple-slider bedrooms and bathrooms. Add double-sided fire places, air-conditioning/ ceiling fans, stunning bathrooms and an outdoor shower and you have a bush experience second to none. Then our Family Villa offer three rooms all with en-suite bathrooms. The Luxury Family villa boasts a private lounge area leading out onto a private deck and pool.
At the main area of the lodge enjoy the rim-flow pool overlooking the waterhole, have a cocktail under the shade of the Motswiri trees (Leadwood in Tswana) on the main deck or just while away the day in the outside lounge and bar area. Fine cuisine is served in the dining room, under the Leadwood or around a roaring fire in the boma.
Staff offer personal service in a relaxed but professional manner and the twice daily game drives are conducted by our rangers whose superb bush knowledge is imparted in the manner best suited to the bush knowledge of the guests on the specially designed landcruiser game viewing vehicle.
Motswiri offers the option of individual bookings or exclusive use of the lodge for groups. The lodge is ideal for corporate, family / friend groups of up to ten people who do not wish to share the facilities with other guests.
Motswiri is a mere 3-1⁄2 hours drive from Johannesburg or for utter indulgence, guests can opt for a fly-in safari to the reserves all weather airstrip.
Scheduled daily charters are available via the Federal Air Madikwe Charter Joint Venture Partnership. Lodge tariffs include luxury accommodation, two fabulous game drives per day and all meals.
- How to get there
- Family Villa
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Seasonal Rates||1 Aug 2019
to 31 Dec 2019
to 30 Apr 2020
|1 May 2020
to 31 Jul 2020
|1 Aug 2020
to 31 Dec 2020
|Safari Lodge Single Per Night||R9 000||R9 750||R7 950||R9 750|
|Safari Lodge Per Person Per Night Sharing||R6 000||R6 500||R5 300||R6 500|
|Safari Lodge Children 5-14 yrs sharing||R3 000||R3 250||R2 650||R3 250|
|Family Villa Exclusive use
Per night for the Villa
(Max occupancy 6 PAX including children)
|on Request||R48 600||R48 600||R48 600|
- Book now for your stay during 1 November – 13 December 2019
- Special only valid for staying from 1 November 2019 to 13 December 2019
- Bookings overlapping these dates will result in our normal rates
- For 3 night bookings, only the second night will be charged at half price
- For 4 night bookings, the second and fourth night will be charged at half price
- Special not available to current provisional or confirmed bookings during the above dates
- Standard terms & conditions apply
- Dependent on availability
Luxury Bush Villa
All Motswiri's bush villas
have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, bathrooms en
suite, beautifully appointed bathrooms, outdoor rock showers and
private wrap around wooden decks.
Max Guests: 2 (Max 2 adults )
Luxury Family Villa
Our Luxury Family Villa
consists of three luxury rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and outside
showers. The villa has a private deck, lounge, horizon pool and boma.
Minimum occupancy is 4 adults and a maximum of 6 adults for this unit.
Max Guests: 6 (Max 6 adults )
0 - 4 years stay free, 5 - 14 years pay 50% of the sharing rate
DIRECTIONS TO MOTSWIRI PRIVATE SAFARI LODGE
- From Johannesburg International Airport now O.R. TAMBO AIRPORT – Take R21 to Pretoria.
- Head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll Road
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the fourth stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says “ Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and a First National Bank on the corner to the right
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate
- Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate
Contact details for the lodge:
083 679 4479 & 082 883 8274
MADIKWE AIR SHUTTLE SERVICE
Our service in a nutshell: We offer a world-class executive air shuttle service from Johannesburg to Madikwe. Departing daily from the Federal Air Executive Lounge at OR Tambo International, the service is operated mainly with Cessna Grand Caravan Aircraft. All flights are undertaken by professional and highly experienced crew.
Passengers can be personally met from incoming domestic or international flights by one of our professional guest relations team members. Alternatively, passengers can meet at the Federal Air Guest Welcome Booth located on ground level in the Multi-storey parkade and car rental hall or directly at the executive lounge.
Complimentary bar service, tea, coffee, as well as shower facilities are available at the executive lounge. Madikwe Air also offers complimentary on-site excess bag storage and secure open parking.
There is a direct on-line flight booking system available to the lodges.
Flight bookings do close 7 days prior to a flight.
When you make your reservation you can enquire about this service and we will make bookings on your behalf.
The exquisitely appointed main lodge offers separate lounge, dining and lounge bar facilities – each with its own roaring fireplace in winter. At the main area of the lodge enjoy the rim-flow pool overlooking the active waterhole, have a cocktail under the shade of the Motswiri trees (Leadwood in Tswana) on the main deck or just while away the day in the outside lounge and bar area. Fine cuisine is served in the dining room, under the Leadwood or around a roaring fire in the boma. Our staff offer personal service in a relaxed but professional manner.
FAMILY VILLA EXCLUSIVE USE
Standard Rate: Per night for the Villa (Max occupancy 6 PAX including children)
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR MOTSWIRI PRIVATE SAFARI LODGE
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED:
- Inclusive of 15% VAT
- In South African Rand
- Subject to availability
- All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- Luxury accommodation in our Luxury Family Villa
- A selection of local beers, ciders, house wines, water & soft drinks
- Private dinner at the Family Villa every 2nd night of stay weather dependant
- Private butler
- Private game drive vehicle & private ranger
- All meals daily (excluding Kosher meals)
- Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Daily Housekeeping
- Tourism Levy
- Beverages not mentioned as inclusive
- Specialised Coffees Park entry fee to the reserve of R180.00 per adult and R80.00 per child under 12 years (once off fee payable at the lodge which may change without prior notice)
- Conservation Levy of R150 per person per night and R75 per child per night (under 12 years) per day (payable at the lodge which may change without prior notice)
- Airstrip landing fee of R240.00 per adult and R150.00 per child under 12 years (once off fee payable at the lodge which may change without prior notice)
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Laundry services
- Any other items of personal nature
- Children of all ages are welcome at our lodge
- Babysitters available (at an extra cost)
- Children of all ages permitted on game drives with parents’ as well as rangers’ consent
- Tour Guides can be accommodated subject to availability (may only be confirmed last minute)
- Guides are not guaranteed game drives
- A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required for direct bookings.
- With group and exclusive use of the lodge bookings, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the date of confirmation
- Full payment must be settled 30 days prior to arrival
Our cancellation policy is as follows: Four weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount. Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
Check in is at 14h00 and Check out is at 11h00
- Daily scheduled FEDERAL AIR flights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA).
- Private charters are available on request
- Road transfers available on request
- Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp.
GATE ENTRANCE FEES:
- Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS:
- Guests may arrive any time from 14:00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
Twice daily game drives/safaris are conducted by our rangers whose superb bush knowledge is imparted in the manner best suited to the bush knowledge of the guests on the specially designed landcruiser game viewing vehicle. Traversing on the full 75000 hectares the Madikwe Game Reserve has become known to offer some the best game viewing in South Africa. Experience excellent general game, stunning bird life and regular sighting of the sought after “Big 5” – Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo, Black and White Rhino.
BRING IN SUMMER:
SEPTEMBER TO APRIL
GATE ENTRANCE FEES:
BRING IN WINTER:
MAY TO AUGUST
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS: