As its name suggests, Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is an exclusive lodge offering guests a personal bush experience, which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. The lodge offer some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the tranquil feel given by the mature trees (mostly Leadwoods) under which the lodge’s main building and five luxury bush villas nestle.
Motswiri has luxurious accommodation, with each bush villa offering stunning views from private decks and multiple-slider bedrooms and bathrooms. Add double-sided fire places, air-conditioning/ ceiling fans, stunning bathrooms and an outdoor shower and you have a bush experience second to none. Then our Family Villa offer three rooms all with en-suite bathrooms. The Luxury Family villa boasts a private lounge area leading out onto a private deck and pool.
At the main area of the lodge enjoy the rim-flow pool overlooking the waterhole, have a cocktail under the shade of the Motswiri trees (Leadwood in Tswana) on the main deck or just while away the day in the outside lounge and bar area. Fine cuisine is served in the dining room, under the Leadwood or around a roaring fire in the boma.
Staff offer personal service in a relaxed but professional manner and the twice daily game drives are conducted by our rangers whose superb bush knowledge is imparted in the manner best suited to the bush knowledge of the guests on the specially designed landcruiser game viewing vehicle.
Motswiri offers the option of individual bookings or exclusive use of the lodge for groups. The lodge is ideal for corporate, family / friend groups of up to ten people who do not wish to share the facilities with other guests.
Motswiri is a mere 3-1⁄2 hours drive from Johannesburg or for utter indulgence, guests can opt for a fly-in safari to the reserves all weather airstrip.
Scheduled daily charters are available via the Federal Air Madikwe Charter Joint Venture Partnership. Lodge tariffs include luxury accommodation, two fabulous game drives per day and all meals.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Seasonal Rates||1 May 2018
to 30 Aug 2018
|1 Sep 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Safari Lodge Single Per Night||R5 720||R6 990|
|Safari Lodge Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 815||R4 660|
|Safari Lodge Children 5-14 yrs sharing||R1 905||R2 330|
|Group or Family - Complete Lodge (10 Beds)||On Request||On Request|
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan
to 30 Apr 2019
|1 May 2019
to 31 Jul 2019
|1 Aug 2019
to 31 Dec 2019
|Safari Lodge Single Per Night||R7 560||R6 175||R7 560|
|Safari Lodge Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 040||R4 115||R5 040|
|Safari Lodge Children 5-14 yrs sharing||R2 520||R2 060||R2 520|
|Group or Family - Complete Lodge (10 Beds)||R||On Request||On Request|
- Inclusive of 15% VAT
- In South African Rand
- Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day
- All meals daily
- Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Tourism Levy
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Fly in fee
- Laundry services unless otherwise indicated
- Specialised coffees
- Gate entry fees
- Children of all ages are welcome at our lodge * Babysitters available (at extra cost)
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Children sharing room with parents pay 50%
- Children in own room are charged full price
- Child policy applies to children between the ages of 14 years to 5 years
- No charge for children under 4 years
- Tour Guides can be accommodated subject to availability (may only be confirmed last minute)
- Guides are not guaranteed game drives
- A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required for direct bookings.
- Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Four weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount.
- Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
- Check in is at 14h00 and Check out is at 11h00
- Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR/FEDERAL AIflights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA).
- Private charters are available on request
- Road transfers available on request
- Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp.
- Insect Repellent
- Swimming costume
WHAT TO BRING iN WINTER: MAY TO AUGUST
- Long johns/thermal underwear for game drives as it can be bitterly cold due to the wind chill factor (pantyhose/tights are also a great chill deterrent!)
- Warm jackets are essential in winter
WHAT TO BRING WITH ME IN GENERAL:
(Irrespective of the time of year, the following must definitely be brought with you)
- Film or memory cards
- Camera’s with Batteries
- Binoculars or spotting scope
- Reference material (eg. Bird or tree books)
- Jacket or sweat shirt for game drives
- Any chronic medication – the nearest chemist is over 100 kms away
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Light, neutral coloured clothing
GATE ENTRANCE FEES:
*Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS:
*Guests may arrive any time from 14:00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.*Should you decide to fly to Madikwe, kindly advise us your incoming flight number at OR Tambo so that we may arrange a flight for you as well as your outgoing flight number from OR Tambo to your next destination
* Please note the above fly in fees will be over and above the airline seat rates
* The fly in fees may be settled at the lodge
Luxury Self Catering Family Villa
- Luxury accommodation in our three bedroom (all en-suite) Family Villa which has a private lounge, deck and private splash pool
- Two game drives per day
- Fire made every night in your private boma
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Daily housekeeping
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge lies hidden in the bush, an exclusive lodge offering a maximum of 10 people a bush experience which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. Our lodge offers some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the feeling of tranquility given by the mature trees (mostly leadwoods) under which the main building and 5 luxury bush villas nestle, an intimate homely setting offering complete privacy. Dining also takes place in the outside boma on balmy summer nights.
All 5 bush villas have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, en-suite bathrooms, outdoor rock showers and private wrap around wooden decks. The interiors have been skilfully designed so that there is a blend between open space and the bush by utilising the retractable doors and windows.
* GPS co-ordinates for Wonderboom Gate: S24 ̊46’02.73” / E26 ̊09’45.45”
* Motswiri is 30 minutes’ drive from the Wonderboom Gate into the Madikwe Game reserve
* The road travelling from this gate to Motswiri, is a gravel road
* The speed limit in the Madikwe Game Reserve is 40km/h
* Should you rent a vehicle, please inform the car rental company that you will be travelling on a gravel road
* Please note that we can arrange a road transfer for you from OR Tambo and surrounding areas
* Should you book the road transfer through us, please advise us of your flight number and time of arrival at OR Tambo so that we may arrange that the chauffeur will meet you at arrivals
Morning and afternoon/evening game-drives in open game-viewing vehicles, bush sundowners and drink stops on the Reserve, visits to hides. Regrettably, due to safety concerns, children under 6 years of age are unable to participate in game-drives (shorter kiddies game drives can be arrange after breakfast).
Game-rich country with Big Five (black & white rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard) cheetah, wild dog, kudu, springbok, eland, red hartebeest, giraffe and impala, A paradise for bird watchers.
Directions to Motswiri Private Safari LodgeFrom OR Tambo Airport – take the R21 towards Pretoria and at the intersection head north on the N1 towards Polokwane & the N4 Toll Road
Once past Pretoria, turn onto the N4 Toll road towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust
Please stay on the N4 – do not follow GPS as it might take you on alternative gravel roads which are not very well signposted.
Please approach Motswiri from the main Zeerust/Gabarone road (R49) and enter through the Wonderboom Gate.
Do not approach Motswiri from the Sun City side of the Reserve by attempting to enter the Reserve through the Moletedi Gate as the chances of getting lost are high and the time taken will be far longer as you will have to travel through the Reserve on a main road and then exit and re-enter the Reserve through Wonderboom Gate.
Once in Zeerust turn right at the 4th stop street into “President Street”. There is a signpost on the left that says “Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaberone” and a ABSA Bank on the corner to the left.
Follow the R49 (R47 occasionally) towards the reserve for approximately 91km
The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate
Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate, exactly 7km from the first gate on your right-hand side.
Please contact the lodge when passing through Zeerust :
+27 82 883 8274 / +27 83 679 4479